Get ready for these two incredible events on the Gold Coast this September!
Here’s a tip. Plan a trip to the Gold Coast and book accommodation in Broadbeach. Before and after the activities, you may relax at Victoria Square Holiday Broadbeach Apartments and enjoy a spectacular coastal break.
Spacious and conveniently located holiday apartments are only moments from everything you could desire for a relaxing getaway and stunning guest facilities to enjoy at your leisure. With all the top activities and experiences, you’ll enjoy every minute of your Broadbeach holiday.
So, what are the two fantastic events you must attend? The 116th Gold Coast Show is first on the list.
2023 Gold Coast Show
Visit the Broadwater Parklands from September 1 to 3 to commemorate the 116th anniversary of the 2023 Gold Coast Show!
It was initially called The Southport Show and was held at Recreation Reserve, now known as Woodroffe Park in Southport. The Gold Coast Show has become the community’s focal point, reflecting Queensland’s second-largest city’s agricultural legacy and diversified modern culture.
Take note that the event is well-known, with over 120,000 attendees. The Gold Coast Show features a mix of city and country competitions, demonstrations and displays, free live entertainment, a carnival atmosphere, rides, and their famed fireworks. So book your Gold Coast accommodation early to take advantage of these fantastic activities.
- Equestrian: Prepare to be awestruck by the sheer thrill and skill of the outstanding horsemen and women as they navigate difficult obstacles with incredible precision and agility in the Equestrian Competition.
- Show Dogs: Witness the Show Dogs displays extraordinary talent and beauty as top-notch canines of various kinds and sizes compete.
- Wood Chop: Catch the Gold Coast Show’s Woodchop Competition as it sets the stage for an incredible display of raw ability amongst men and women.
- Food and Drinks: Indulge your senses with a delectable array of treats ranging from show favourites to crispy and savoury potato tornadoes.
- Pink Flamingo Fireworks: Take advantage of the magnificent Pink Flamingo Fireworks. On Friday and Saturday at 6:45 p.m., the spectacular extravaganza will fill the night sky with vivid hues.
If you want to explore the whole venue, ride the Show Train. You will indeed have unique experiences and easily traverse the park aboard the Show Train as you go on a lovely tour around the Gold Coast Show’s attractions.
Crafted Beer Festival
The 2023 Crafted Beer Festival will be at Kurrawa Park in Broadbeach. The festival promises to be bigger than ever, with over 400 incredible drops scheduled for September 9 and 10.
Before anything else, please keep in mind that the Crafted Festival is only for people over the age of 18. There will be no newborns or little children permitted during the event. All entrants must provide photo identification, so please bring your driver’s licence, passport, or proof of age card.
As mentioned, the Crafted Beer Festival is for two days. The first day is a seaside crafting party celebrating top-quality brewed brews! Take advantage of the first day if you want to be the first to experience the Crafted unique brews and participate in the festivities.
But the second day is just as impressive as the first. Prepare for a sensory overload since Sunday is ideal for foodies as there will be food and drink pairing. You can also meet the brewers, participate in wine and cheese pairing or whisky tasting sessions, or put your taste buds to the test in our iconic hot wing eating competition.
Prepare for these events by booking your Broadbeach accommodation with us at Victoria Square Apartments.